Blanket Level Controller
The Model 602 Sludge Blanket Level Detector is a micro-processor-based
instrument for continuous measurement of concentration vs. depth in clarifiers
and other industrial suspended solids/liquid separation processes. It uses
infrared high intensity light emitting diodes stacked vertically, which shine
horizontally across a probe gap to 64 phototransistor detectors.
The series 602 is designed and manufactured for easy installation and
calibration, minimal maintenance and long life.
- Continuous, accurate monitoring of concentration and Blanket level for:
- Optimal chemical dosage control.
- Precise underflow pump-out control and stabilization of underflow density.
- Advanced self-diagnostics.
- 4-20 ma output linear with sludge depth.
- High & Low sludge depth set-point relays.
- RS-232 (485) serial port output.
- Settled sludge profile viewable on computer.
Controlling a desludge pump with a timer is not as good as sludge blanket level
Watch what happens during HEAVY sludge loading:
Watch what happens during LIGHT sludge loading: